Some questions which one should be able to answer if one is to believe that God commands us to spank our children...
2. According to the book of Proverbs, is it permissible for a father to strike his daughter?
3. According to the Bible, is there a day of the week where spanking children is highly frowned upon?
4. According to the book of Proverbs, is it permissible for a father to spank an adopted child or a child born who has another father?
5. Is the book of Proverbs oriented towards the Law of Moses or the Law of Christ?
6. While slavery was allowed and even governed under the Mosaic law, do you think that it brought anything positive to those under it?
7. Should a child cry when being given a spanking?
8. Do you think that we can extract all the information we need to know about spanking from three to five verses in the book of Proverbs and that there is no need to study any other information in or outside of Scripture?
9. If you physically carried a baby from birth to age three most of the time, how often do you think you would need to spank it?
10. How much time did fathers in the Biblical period, according to the Bible, spend with their young children under the age of six?
For answers to questions like these...
"Thy Rod and Thy Staff They Comfort Me:
Christians and the Spanking Controversy"
by Samuel Martin